In the name of Allah,most gracious,most merciful

20111104

about fasting.

Salam

It's a beautiful Friday morning today! 2 days till Eid, and alhamdulillah Allah gave me strength to fast yesterday, and hopefully today and tomorrow as well.

Nothing much, I just want to share what happened yesterday. The day before, I've read Rasulullah's story on how he managed his hunger, by tying a cloth around his stomach with pebbles in it (to hold his hunger). MashaAllah, It was so sad yet very inspiring. Since it's Zulhijjah, I decided to fast yesterday, without eating any food (only drink) for sahur, and my last meal I had was lunch on the day before.

Alhamdulillah everything went well, walked for more than 60 minutes (to and from school +to city), climbed up and down 4-storey building several times, and even stayed at school after class to finish up my project. Amazingly, I didn't feel hungry at all. So until Maghrib, total of 27 hours without consuming any food. More than one day, yet I didn't feel hungry! MashaAllah.

One thing I noticed when I'm fasting is I feel more energetic. Yes, solat does recharge your body sufficient enough :)

Shame on me, I used to fast every monday and thursday every week during my schooldays, but now, not at all. I made excuses because I felt that I might not get through it. shame on me :(

Ya Allah, thank you for reminding me back by what happened yesterday  :)

So people,let's fast on 9th Zulhijjah, shall we? ;)

wassalam~

No comments: